Benefiting Samaritan House and Shelter Services
Saturday, September 14, 2019
Mile High Station
2027 Old West Colfax Ave. | Denver, CO 80204
Mile High Station
2027 Old West Colfax Ave.
Denver, CO 80204
Spirits, Snacks, Sounds and Sam's Art Walk
Supper & Show
Kyle Dyer, Evening's Emcee
Kyle Dyer Storytelling and former 9News anchor
Sounds by Matt Miller & the Lites
with special guest Joia Farmer
Samaritan House Three-Year Renovation Plan
FAMILY SHELTER, KITCHEN,
(Expanding number of family rooms from 21 to 25)
1ST FLOOR SHELTER
Update women’s emergency shelter, men’s and women’s dorms
2ND FLOOR SERVICES
Expand dining and offices, update patio, rec room, chapel and veteran’s facilities
SAMARITAN HOUSE IN DENVER
Today our family is moving out of Samaritan House shelter. We found an apartment! We lived in a hotel with a voucher for a while. We felt down at first. We called Samaritan House and they gave us a room on the family floor. We’re blessed that we were able to do it. If your mind is open and you’re ready to get on your feet...
• 509,541 meals prepared by our Denver shelter*
• 86,060 nights of shelter provided to men, women and families in our extended-stay shelter programs
• 1,932 unduplicated men, women and families served in our Samaritan House extended-stay programs
*includes meals provided for Early Childhood Education
WOMEN'S EMERGENCY SHELTER IN DENVER
It’s hard in this situation to keep your head up. And to not let things get to you. I was living in Colorado Springs on the streets, literally on the streets, sleeping on the streets. When I came here, I had been in the emergency (shelter) side, and I had literally been down to the clothes on my back. That’s all I had was the clothes on my back. When I was put into here...
• 225 Beds for Emergency and Transitional Shelter
• 65,189 estimated nights of shelter provided to the women in emergency shelter
THE MISSION IN LARIMER COUNTY
I came to The Mission veteran program on January 4. I’m from the southeast, Georgia. I served in the Army from 2008 to 2011. I did maintenance on the whole Patriot missile system. I kept everything in working order. It was a family. I came from a relatively broken home. I raised myself since I was pretty much 14 and went in to the Army right at 18. I never had...
• 64,090 meals prepared by our Ft. Collins shelter
• 16,537 nights of shelter provided to men, women and families in our extended-stay shelter programs and 17,846 estimated nights of
emergency shelter provided to men,women and families in our overnight shelter
GUADALUPE COMMUNITY CENTER IN WELD COUNTY
It was a scorching, muggy summer, I was living in my car with my four kids. I lost my job and my rent increased to the point that I couldn’t afford it anymore. We became homeless. Without a home, regular showers and hot meals were not an option. What should have been a time for us to enjoy summer activities and get ready for the school year became a time of anxiety...
• 38,527 meals prepared by our Greeley shelter
• 16,590 nights of shelter provided to men, women and families in our extended-stay shelter programs and 508 estimated nights of emergency shelter provided to men, women and families in our overnight shelter
WESTERN SLOPE SERVICES
I was sleeping on a teacher’s couch temporarily while working two jobs and trying to graduate high school. My family didn’t have enough money, so we shared one small trailer with other families. Because it was so tight, I was asked to leave. My teacher was also leaving the country in two weeks. I had no other place to go...
• 185 families assisted with victims’ services, mediation, life-skills programs and more through Community Integration Services
• 175 households assisted with utility payments
• 24 households moved out of homelessness or avoided imminent eviction through the Homeless Prevention Program and 72% households in the Homeless Prevention Program met their goal of furthering their education
Thank you for supporting Samaritan House. We look forward to seeing you at this annual event!
As a 501(c)(3) tax-exempt organization, Catholic Charities thrives on donations made by individuals like you, corporations like yours, and foundations that have a heart for those in need.